Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Kingdom of heaven is like a net thrown into the sea, which collects fish of every kind.


+


People, all sorts of people,  have been on my mind of late.  I am a Yankee.  I am from the Northeast; Smithtown,  Long Island, New York.  One of the things about growing up on Long Island during the 60's and 70's was that their were many, many different people represented by many different nationalities.  Many of my friends were Italian, Irish, German, Polish, African American, Jewish, ...and the list goes on.  I noticed that nationality, when expressed by ones culture, was important to that person's identity; all, or at least most, were proud of their heritage.  One was not better than the other--they were just different.   And, I  cherished, appreciated, respected and enjoyed all of them for their cultural differences.

I love people - I just do.  Sometimes it is not easy to love individuals, especially when they are not warm, friendly or inviting.  So, I just try to love them, too, in the best way that I can, but it is not easy.  But people in who they are, in what their story is, in where they are from, and in what they do - are what I find interesting and most endearing about them.

 And, that is one of the things that I am most looking forward to when traveling to Kenya - is meeting the people.  I am looking forward to speaking with them, working with them, living with them for a little while, learning about them, laughing with them, and, most of all, praying with them.



And, maybe even dancing with them.  

God is very, very good!  All the time...












No comments:

Post a Comment