Monday, June 3, 2013

Happy News for our Enthronement Team!

+



On this special Feast of St. Charles Lwanga and his Companions from Uganda, it is with much joy and great anticipation, that I am able to share that the Enthronement of the Sacred Heart of Jesus Mission Team has been invited and will be traveling to Mombasa and Uganda in mid-August to lead more Enthronement Missions to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.  God is very good!  All the time!





The members of the Team that traveled last year,  Father William Oruko, Lisa Morris, Theresa Eilerman, Judi Pedas, and Pamela Angawa (of Kisumu, Kenya), will be joined by our wonderful friend, Giannine Morris.

I have discerned through much prayer that I am not to travel with the team to Africa this year, but will accompany them on other pilgrimages in the future.  It never occurred to me that I would not be traveling with them to Africa again.  When we attempted to purchase the tickets for the trip, we had major issues finalizing the purchase and then each time we tried to repurchase, the price kept going up, and up, and up, and in the end, we still could not finalize the purchase.  After not being able to purchase the tickets, we decided to take a break and have each one of us pray about it.  It was during this time of prayer that I discerned that it was me - that I was not to go this time - that the timing of the trip was not right for me - but that there would be other pilgrimages that I would go on with the team in the future.   I called Lisa, gave her the news and it was then that they were able to purchase and finalize the tickets.

Sometimes God's Will is hard to discern and sometimes it is even harder to accept.  I am very sorry that I will not be traveling with the team.  I will miss being with them and I will miss meeting up with friends that I made on our last trip there.  However, I am at peace when I listen to what God wants me to do and, for the present, I have peace about not traveling with the team.


In honor of the Feast of Charles Lwanga and Companions, Martyrs from Uganda, I thought that I would share this wonderful,  inspiring video, presented by Father Robert Barron from the Word on Fire website:





Sacred Heart of Jesus, Pray for us!

Rosa Mystica, Pray for us!


Dearest Saint Charles Lwanga and Companions, please pray for us! Please pray for the upcoming Enthronement Missions in Africa!  Please pray for our Team traveling to Africa and for all of the pilgrims that will be attending the Missions!






No comments:

Post a Comment