Sunday, August 18, 2013

Palanca for Lisa, Theresa, Judi and Giannine...

+

Several years ago I had the grace-filled opportunity to go on a special week-end retreat where I became familiar with the gift of Palanca.  Halfway through the retreat, I was given a small bag that contained little cards and notes from friends and people that I was familiar with as well as those that I did not know.  The cards and notes had words full of love and encouragement as well as prayers and sacrifices that were being offered on behalf of my retreat.  The Palanca given to me was nothing short of an amazing gift-one that allowed me to have a very spiritually-rich, grace-filled experience of God.  It was a retreat that I would never forget.

I thought about how wonderful it would be to offer Palanca for the Team as well as for the pilgrims attending the Mission.  I understand that they could expect to have as many as 1000 pilgrims attending each mission!  I consider my daughter, Kristin, to be something of a Spanish expert as she had spanish for so many years in school.  When I asked Kristin if the word Palanca in Spanish was translated to the word Prayer in English, she said: "No"!  I was surprised by that, so I looked it up.  I was more surprised, and pleasantly, I might add when I found the correct translation for it:

What is Palanca?

"Palanca is a Spanish word that means "lever".  Just as a lever enables a person to move something, which is beyond normal strength, Palanca empowers the accomplishments of things which would not be possible without the Grace of God." 
(taken from http://www.tresdias.org).

That was perfect!  Just what we need!  Palanca, which are specific prayers and sacrifices offered for:

-Lisa, Theresa, Judi and Giannine as they begin their travel tomorrow...

-For those organizing and preparing for the Missions in Mombasa and Uganda...

-For the upcoming Missions...

     -That all of the needs of the US Team and pilgrims attending will be met...

     -That all of the equipment will function as it should...

     -That a spirit of Love, Peace, Joy, and Unity flow throughout the entire trip for the US Team, the African Enthronement Team and the Pilgrims attending the Missions...

     -That the Enthronement of the Sacred Heart of Jesus Missions both in Mombasa and Uganda will be fruitful for all...

If you would like to offer some Palanca in the form of words of encouragement, support, love, or specific prayers, please leave a comment on this blog site for the team.  Or you are welcome to email them to me at marybrig@mac.com and I will forward your post on to the Team for their perusal.

As always, I am grateful for the support, love, and encouragement for the Team, the upcoming Missions and this blog.

Sacred Heart of Jesus, Have Mercy on Us...

Rosa Mystica, Pray for Us...

St. Joseph, Pray for Us...

St. Raphael, Pray for Us...


No comments:

Post a Comment