Thursday, October 4, 2012

And So We Are Back

                                                                                   +

And so we are back at home.

The pilgrimage was nothing but pure gift and blessing.  The people we met, shared, loved, laughed with, worked with, prayed with, sang and danced with...the places we visited, the meals we shared, the homes we visited, the travel...all of it was pure gift.  Well, most of it...I could have done without having to sleep under the mosquito nets.  But even that, I wouldn't trade for anything in the world.

After arriving, I was able to purchase an external modem that I thought would enable me to freely use the Internet and blog.  It was not to be, however.  The modem was very slow and I was completely unable to publish any of the entries that I wrote.  I was also unable to post any pictures.  And I am so, so glad for it.

When discussing it with my travel companions, Theresa said something that just was so perfect; so astute.  She said:  "I think that you need to live in the present moment." 

And so, that was what I did.  That is what we all did.  And it was so necessary to do that.  Each day began as a large empty cup and by the end of each day, it was completely filled to the brim and almost overflowing with experiences and memories - all lived in the present and meant to be shared at a later time.

It will come and we are so happy to relive all of it with you.  I, from the bottom of my heart, am so grateful for each one of you.  For your prayers, for your support, for your enthusiasm, for  your love, and for your sharing in the desire that our pilgrimage be all that God wanted it to be.  That the work would be HIS.  And it was.  And we will share.

Father William, Lisa, Theresa, Judi and Mary



No comments:

Post a Comment