Saturday, September 15, 2012

A little less than 2 days and counting...

+
I love to read!!!  And, I remember when I started my love affair with books.  I was in the fourth grade and Mrs. Hanley would read us a chapter from a book at the end of the day if we were all behaving well that day.  The first book that she read to us was Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  I loved that book!!!  The characters came alive as did the factory and that was the best part because it was all about candy.  And what kid does not love candy?  I remember sitting on the end of my chair as she was reading the ending to the book.  It was tremendous!  The next book that she read to us was  Island of the Blue Dolphins.  And I absolutely loved, loved, loved that book!  I was hooked and that was the beginning of my love affair with books that has just never ended for me.  

My mom also loved to read and would take all 5 of us girls to the library about every two weeks.  I would pour over the books on the shelves looking for just the right title. Then open it to read the first page.  If it kept my interest, it was coming home with me.  I remember just loving this book called Harriet the Spy.  Harriet constantly carried around a black pebbled composition book so that she could write down everything that she saw as well as her thoughts as soon as they came to mind.  I can not for the life of me remember what it was book about, but I do remember her carrying around that composition book and writing everything down.  I also remember being fascinated with Harriet and her horn-rimmed glasses and just loving the story.  She wrote  very well and told the story just as it needed to be told.  And that is what I will try do -  I will try to document all aspects of  our trip, hopefully,  just the way that our Lord is wanting me to do!  


I will be posting as much as I possibly can.  Hopefully, every day.  It depends on our time and my ability to hook up to the Internet wherever I am.  If you would like to be reminded when an entry is posted, please place your email in the right margin of the blog and an entry will be sent to you automatically.  I am also going to be putting scrapbooks of photos and slide shows into the margin once I figure out how to put the widget in place and then load the pictures.  This blog has truly been a journey for me as well!  


We are almost ready to go!  This past week we met at Sacred Heart Cathedral to pray a Holy Hour for our mission.  We were very blessed to have several friends join us in prayer for that hour. Lisa placed the image of of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, a statue of Our Blessed Mother, and a small lit candle on a small table in front of where we were praying.   It was a precious time of prayer and fellowship.  God is so good!  All the time!

Before we leave Knoxville,  I wanted to say on behalf of Father William, Lisa, Judi, Theresa and myself  that we thank each and every one of you for following our journey through this blog as well as in prayer and spiritually binding yourselves with us in it.  

Please continue to remember us and this mission in your prayers.  Please pray that the mission will be all that God would like it to be.  That the work will be All His...And, we will be praying for you in thanksgiving for you and also for all of your intentions.   

May God bless each and every one of you.  

Here is our itinerary for your perusal:


KENYA PILGRIMAGE
Monday, September 17
Leave Knoxville – Arrive at the airport by 10am

Tuesday, September 18
Arrive Nairobi – 9pm

Wednesday, September 19
Nakumat/Meeting with local committee/Visit the Shrine

Thursday, September 20
Mission of the Sacred Heart begins
Set-up and organization following breakfast
Registration begins at 4pm

Friday, September 21
Mission                                                     

Saturday, September 22
Mission

Sunday, September 23
Enthronement Ceremony – Shrine of the Apostles of Jesus
         Community Enthronements in late afternoon

Monday, September 24
Visit sites in Nairobi
Holy Family Basilica, Resurrection Gardens, Masai Market
Java Nairobi House
8pm take Theresa to airport

Tuesday, September 25
Van to Nakuru National Park
Overnight in Nakuru

Wednesday, September 26
         Morning Safari
         Van to Nyang’oma

Thursday, September 27
         Breakfast
         Retreat at Holy Cross Parish

Friday, September 28
Tour Nyang’oma – various schools/medical center, etc…

Saturday, September 29
Grand Opening of Laura’s Place in Orengo

Sunday, September 30
Mass of Celebration of Fr. William’s home parish in Orengo

Monday, October 1
Travel from Nyang’oma to Kisumu early afternoon
6:35pm departure to Nairobi         (arrival 7:20pm)
11:15pm departure from Nairobi to US

Tuesday, October 2
         4:30pm Arrival in Knoxville

Thank you God for this opportunity to serve you and others…

Your Kingdom Come…

On the road to Emmaus...


“Sacred Heart of Jesus…I Trust in You”




No comments:

Post a Comment