Friday, September 21, 2012

Jambo!!!!!!!!!

Jambo!!!!!!!

We are here!!!!!

And what a journey it has been!!!!!

I have too, too much to share and I do not have the time to write!!!!

A Bishop is coming to celebrate the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass here in 20 minutes and I will need to go.

Also, I went to a little mini-mall with our team and bought an external modem and had to go back because it would not work.  When I went back to the store Geoffrey reviewed all and told me that it was fine.  I opened my computer and insisted that we try it.  We did and it worked!  Praise God!  I was so happy.

As I sat in the Sacristy of the Shrine where we are having the mission, I opened my computer with great anticipation of trying to share a little of what we have lived over the past several days, and guess what?!?  The external modem was NOT working!!!!  Fortunately there was a priest standing there wanting me to share the blog with him and when my modem failed to work, he brought me to his office  and let me use his wifi for this short period of time.

What I can share with you in a very condensed manner:

.....the travel was very difficult but amazing.  We missed our flight from London to Nairobi as we were delayed for 90 minutes on the plane in Chicago.  We landed at 9:30 am London time and were rebooked on another flight at 8:00 pm that evening that arrived in Nairobi at 6:30 am Nairobi time.  Judi took several snaps of all of us sleeping deeply in a quiet corner of the airport on some bench seating that we found.

....Africa is amazing!!!!!  The people are beautiful!!!  Everyone walks everywhere!  All of the ladies are dressed in beautiful, colorful dresses!  Men wear suits.  They are so, so joyful and so full of love.  Everyone is so happy to meet each one of us.  And they sing, and they sing.  And the music touches the very inside of your heart when you are sitting in the midst of it.


As soon as I can get the wi-fi, I will begin posting.


I have to run to mass.  Please know that we carry each of you in our hearts.  Please remember us in yours.




3 comments:

  1. So happy that you are experiencing the wonders of Kenya. Enjoy every blessed moment, Mary! Safari njema!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there; travel always brings some adventure. Enjoy the experience and take lots of pictures, they will help you recall everything later. Love and prayers, james

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Pam Owen, a friend of Judi's. I am so glad to have the Blog post. It sounds like it has been quite a journey so far. I know you have all been busy. I am praying for your Mission and for safe travel.

    ReplyDelete